Sunday 6 March 2016

Seedling Progress - Early March 2016


Here we are in March eagerly awaiting the latent spring to arise and kick the 2016 growing season into gear. 

I haven't really done much work in the allotment in the past few weeks and what little I have done was maintenance related.

I have brought a few varieties of Potatoes and some onion sets which I'm hoping to plant in the next few weeks. Traditonally the potoatoes should go in around St Patricks day (So I've bean told by a Irish fellow allotmenteer). 

Peas are another canidate for sowing. Unfortunletly the ones I sowed directly into the ground back in January have not grown - I guess it must have been too cold for them. 

Fortunately, the growing situation has faired better at home and  there has been some progress with the plants sowed in progagator. The plants all look healthy and strong, albeit a little leggy. 

I'll be going to the allotment today and plan on doing some digging, ready for putting the peas in next week. I'll post some photos of the plot later to show how it's looking. In the meantime, here are some photos of the plants I'm growing at home. These photos were taken a few days ago. 



Chillie Peppers




Various varieties of tomatoes seedlings



Cape Gooseberries

Tomatoes

Marygolds

6 Geraniums

Aubergines

Hot Peppers

Plants under light



No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick update

I've spent most of this year eagerly awaiting spring to arrive. There were many early signs, but things weren't moving very fast, b...